DIY Necklace

Saturday, February 5, 2011
THE DREAM CATCHER NECKLACE
I MADE MYSELF.

I've been making accessories as young as 12 years old. Here's one that i made just recently for a shoot inspired by native South American fashion.


My admiration for dream catchers started when i saw a classmate of mine--way back 3rd grade--bringing with her a small dream catcher chain hanging from her Jansport bag. Interested with the rope intricately woven into a web, colorful beads and feather, I then asked her what it was called. She said it was a dream catcher. Something that traps nightmares and replaces it with good dreams. 
It got me interested. I never stopped loving it since then.


I got a white dream catcher to complement my favorite stone, turquoise.   I will post a look on Lookbook in a little while wearing this piece! :)






XOXO,
The Walking Recessionista

4 comments:

  1. Oh i love it & their my favourite stone too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful !

    http://cuteredbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. TURQUOISE IS THE NICEST STONE. I LOVE IT EVEN MORE THAN DIAMONDS. I THINK IT HAS MORE CHARACTER :)

    ReplyDelete