DIY: Studded Boots

Monday, March 14, 2011










MY 2ND DIY PROJECT
"Want to add spice to your boots??"

I thought my boots looked rather dull so I did a little alteration after seeing a pair of Balenciaga a friend had showed me. I wanted it so bad that I couldn't sleep at night just thinking of it!
Inspired and motivated, I worked on my skills and with what I had to get the Balenciaga feel to my boots. I DIY'ed it.


I added studs instead of rivets to give a little rockstar feel to it. I also wanted to add chains in the opening but I thought it would be too much and that I might overdo it. 
Hope you like it!


It's easy and very doable. 
ENJOY!
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
(refer to the photos)

1. Measure how far you want each stud from the other. 
Mine was about 1cm apart 
and I used 7 studs for each strap.

2. Mark the desired places by making small slits using a cutter.
You can also use scissors.

3. Punch the studs and make sure it went through the leather.

4. Using your pliers, fold the end of the studs
making sure all is well pressed.

5. Continue steps 3 & 4 until you have punched
 all the studs in place.

Isn't it easy? Try it!

XX,
TWR

7 comments:

  1. Nice DIY! Will definitely try soon :D Btw, where can I buy the studs? Been looking at SM they don't have daw XD

    Erika
    http://sheisdainty.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post ! Really nice idea !

    http://cuteredbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely boots! nice d.I.Y-ing!

    x

    www.fashion-fade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, totally adorable! you wouldn't have guessed that they were DIY :)) pretty <3

    http://theefffword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so creative! i want to wear boots pero feeling ko hindi bagay sakin. hehehe sayang

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely love the studs, I've been making plans to stud everything in my closet. where did you get the boots? or where can i find a pair of not-super-expensive ones?

    ReplyDelete