Davao Diary

Thursday, September 22, 2011


The rain's unceasingly pouring as I get my blogging hormones flowing all over my dog-tired body. My flight back to Manila is scheduled tonight and I badly wish I had a magical clock with me to stop time or transform minutes to hours. (That'll make my 4 remaining hours turn 240, which would then give me exactly 10 more days in Davao.) Math geek much, eh?
In addition to the dramatic rainfall, thunder and lightning, the music playing on iTunes makes this lonesome sundown more melodramatic. Adele, Kate Nash, Snow Patrol and The XX. Need I say more?

 I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE DAVAO YET. I'M NOT READY. 
There I said it. In bold, large font and capitalized letters. But flight's already booked, parents and sister already prepared mentally and emotionally, friends' pasalubongs readily packed and loved ones' goodbye messages received and well-appreciated. Everyone seemed ready except me, my luggage and the weather. Hard but its part of the life I chose. (Now feeling like a cry baby wanting her old pampered and comfortable life back.) Seriously, this must be the hardest time I'd be leaving this place. Insert sad crying face over here.

My 3-week vacation has finally come to and end. A whole new life awaits me in Manila. New school--transferring from CSB to PSID to take my majors--new friends and new place to stay. Feels like Im starting back to zero. It was only a few months then when I was in the same situation and now I am in an identical  one again. Sigh. My stay, albeit wearying and taxing, was productive and fruitful. Completed all styling and shoots for SOUL (Will be doing a separate posts about this! Excited to show you guys!), shopped online, blogged whatever I had to (still have a load left), reconnected with old friends, spent time with family, reunited with my barkada, took photos of fashionable people in Davao for my NEW BLOG--you heard it right NEW BLOG--and perceived how its like to be a Davaoena again.

The photos are a summary of my vacation. Places I went to, things I did and food I ate. Gained 2 kgs from it. Just saying. Haha oh crap! But here's a rundown in plum-colored, arial-fonted and bulleted words.

x Coffee cat | Green tea YOGO with my name incorrectly spelled
x Sardines pasta (cooked it myself)
x Bigby's
x Ken's phone | sunglasses & mine
x My barkada since 1st yr High School
x Wings & Dips
x Moon Cafe
x Beach (Samal Island)
x Havaianas Event (cocktails were heavenly)
x Brewery (Goldschlager shot w/vodka sprite as chaser. HARSH)
x BO's Coffee
x Starr
AND A LOT MORE!

Everything was taken by moi except for the photos with myself in it. Well duh. Cheys seriously? Okay done talking to myself. haha
I will unquestionably miss my hometown and the people in it. I shall come back in a few months! For now, I have an open luggage left in my room waiting to be filled and zipped and a flight to ready to be missed, I mean caught! 
Have a great night everyone!

Love,
Cheyser :)


3 comments:

  1. One word: YUM.
    Looks like an amazing sweet escape <3

    http://onthefword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, now I'm starving hahaha seriously, those food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete