BERLIN P.1

Sunday, January 31, 2016
Almost a month since we left Berlin and I'm missing it already more than I have anticipated. The cold  breeze, beautiful architecture and calmness (in comparison to the Philippines) are just some of the things I 'm longing for now. Berlin compared to Amsterdam was colder by the time we visited. It was harder to walk around without wearing multiple layers of cloth, unlike in the City of Bicycles wherein having a jacket over a knitted top was enough already to survive.

These photos were taken a day after we got back from Amsterdam. But unlike the usual cold weather we had in Berlin, this day in particular was a little bearable - making it possible to be just in a dress and a winter jacket of course

What I was wearing:
Dress: Atmosphere | Boots: Forever21 Watch: Daniel Wellington




Hohenzollendamm at 3pm

Felt like Autumn

Table set-up

Spot the 2 monkeys!!

Ku'Damm at night

Friends and dark-lit rooms

Cheers to an amazing year!
_______________________________

Later that day, we went over the place of Patrick's friend to have a taste of typical German Christmas dinner - duck, potatoes and braised red cabbage. It was something new to me given the fact that when my friends and I gather, we usually meet, eat and have drinks outside. Like I can't recall the time when a friend made (not order) a full course meal and invited everyone over! Patrick explained that it's more common for them to gather in a friend's place for dinner and head out after, which is quite the opposite for us.  Anyway, food was really great! Wish I took a photo but I was a tad bit shy to take my camera out while everyone else was busy devouring their meals. 

After, we headed out to Monkey Bar which was in the area of Kurfürstendamm (Ku'Damm as how they call it) which is the most popular shopping district of Berlin. It was a cool spot to chill with friends. The bar was at the topmost floor of 25hrs Hotel  and was enclosed by floor-to-ceiling glass windows. Imagine the view, it was superb! Music was great too. It wasn't too loud which made socializing with friends (without shouting) possible. 

It was a great night! Great food and conversations with friends, and awesome drinks with a view of Berlin-couldn't ask for more! 

xx,
Cheys ♥

Find me:
  Instagram | Twitter | Facebook 






No comments:

Post a Comment